Because attention attracts intention, which attracts gratitude, and gratitude expands joy, it's time for Thankful Thursday.
This week I am thankful for:
• lists — grocery, shopping, to do
• this passage, from this essay by Sarah Cords:
"To be grateful is to live a full life. It is to know worry and accept worry. It is to shore up the foundations even in the face of the weathering forces of tragedies and time."
• my sick mother, refusing to use words of war:
"I'm not a survivor," she insists. "I am not battling."
• persimmons - my favorite ugly delicious seasonal fruit
• the words grumble and coo, not necessarily in tandem
• small things with history, like this family christmas ornament, circa 1930
It's Thankful Thursday (on Saturday, because life gets full), a weekly pause to express appreciation for people, places and more. Life expands with gratitude. What are you thankful for today?